I started this blog to document the Neurodevelopmental Reorganization program we are following
with Active Healing, Inc. for my two sons in the hopes of helping with their dyspraxia and adhd.

When change happens slowly, it can be hard to notice. I hope this blog becomes an way for me to keep the big picture in sight and an outlet where I can talk about these things freely. Maybe it will help others, too.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

DS1 Therapy 11/14/10

Here's Harry doing his crawling on his belly and SIR (I guess suspended inverted rotation sounds better than 'upside-down hanging spinning swinging thing')  He has started crawling with only one leg and insists his way is fine when I ask him to use both.  He doesn't want to hear it from me so I'll let Sarge deal with that one.

2 comments:

  1. That's interesting about the crawling. I've done a little army crawling with Nick,and he also very noticably only uses one leg (really drags it). When I commented, he replied that that was the way you were supposed to do it. Uh huh...
    I love the SIR; looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarge said it's important to do the patterns before crawling which makes sense. The alternating movement quickly improved Tom's crawling. Today Harry assented to using both legs when I asked.
    Sarge also said not to correct their crawling form because it's a reflection of what's going on developmentally and will improve in time. I'm not sure if the one leg thing is included in that, though.

    ReplyDelete