I started this blog to document the Neurodevelopmental Reorganization program we are following
with Active Healing, Inc. for my two sons in the hopes of helping with their dyspraxia and adhd.

When change happens slowly, it can be hard to notice. I hope this blog becomes an way for me to keep the big picture in sight and an outlet where I can talk about these things freely. Maybe it will help others, too.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Neurologist report

I received the follow up letter from the neurologist regarding Tom's appt last week.

[snip]
I had the pleasure of seeing Tom in the office at Children's Hospital Boston for a follow-up neurologic visit on Nov 8th.  As you recollect, he is a young man with some mild developmental difficulties, which include problems with motor coordination probably best fitting under the rubric of a mixed dyspraxic disorder and an adventitiously discovered small syrinx in the spinal cord T7-10 roughly 2.6mm.  He has a slightly thickened filum without other evidence of tethering.

Over the interval since I saw him last, the family has become engaged in "active healing" an alternative method of therapy which is involved in "ontogenetic development".  He is engaged in rather intensive therapy along these lines and it appears that he is better as a result of this.

On examination today while he still did not pass the Berges-Lezine Battery of Manual Praxis he did better than the last visit and also did better on the oral diadochokinesis rates of the Mayo Clinic Battery.  His gaits are reasonably well organized, but he still has mild dystonic posturing bilaterally.  The elemental neurological examination shows no change.

At this point in time, I would make no further interventions.  I will see him again in six months, sooner should other concerns arise.  [/snip]

So I'd say that's pretty good since he's seeing some positive changes and we've been doing NR for less than 2 months  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment